- Chicken Marsala
- Mixed greens salad with bacon vinaigrette
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Limoncello Sorbet
My notes from that night:
- Don’t use dry marsala wine in a recipe that uses cream.
- Don’t skimp on the butter in mashed potatoes.
- Buy extremely fresh brussel sprouts
- Use more water than sugar and booze when making sorbet
- Though bacon bowls are not easy to make, they are awesome.
Chicken Marsala was similar to the second recipe from here, but I used dry marsala, and it didn’t taste right.
The potatoes didn’t boil long enough, and had a gritty texture, which could have been covered by a ton of butter that I didn’t add.
The brussel sprouts were a week old, and had turned a bit bitter.
I borrowed Dingus’s ice cream maker attachment for the sorbet. I found a recipe, and doubled it, but it came out more like a lemon slushie. It was delicious, but not the right consistency. For proper ice crystallization, make sure there is enough water for it to happen. I added 2 more cups of water, and re-churned it, and it set properly.
I tried a few different forms from my kitchen to make bacon bowls, but only a small mixing bowl provided the proper shape to use as a bowl. Since I was short on time, I made the salad in a large bowl, then put the single bacon bowl in the middle, filled with cherry tomatoes.